(Boston, MA October 2021) – Nine total attorneys from Hermes, Netburn, O’Connor & Spearing are recognized in this year’s Super Lawyers directory: eight are named Massachusetts Super Lawyers list and one is named to the annual Rising Stars list. This recognition reflects the firm’s strong commitment to providing top-level, creative and practical solutions at unsurpassed value to clients. The firm’s attorneys represent national and international businesses, insurance companies and individuals in a wide range of matters throughout the New England states and beyond.
This distinction recognizes these individuals as the state’s top attorneys, which is awarded to less than 5 percent of the state’s practicing lawyers annually. The following attorneys were named this year in a wide range of practice areas, including:
- Matthew Bown: Rising Stars, Products Liability
- John R. Felice: Personal Injury—Products, Class Actions/Mass Torts
- Brad W. Graham: Personal Injury—Products, Insurance Coverage, Environmental Litigation
- Peter G. Hermes: Construction Litigation, Insurance Coverage, Personal Injury Defense
- Peter C. Netburn: Insurance Coverage, Appellate, Business Litigation, Environmental, General Litigation, Surety
- Kevin J. O’Connor: Construction Litigation, Insurance Coverage, Environmental
- Holly M. Polglase: Personal Injury—Products and General, General Litigation
- Patrick T. Ryan: Construction Litigation, Civil Litigation, Insurance Coverage, Personal Injury, Surety
- Anthony J. Sbarra: Personal Injury—Products and General
Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys.