Patrick manages and executes cases from inquiry through result, including pre-suit investigations, pleadings, discovery, motion practice, alternative dispute resolution and trial. Patrick has extensive experience representing owners, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and design professionals in connection with various disputes arising from the construction of residential, commercial and mixed-use projects, including claims for bodily injury, construction defects, defective design, breach of warranty, and delay and inefficiency claims. He also regularly represents insurers involving complex coverage disputes and claims for bad faith. Patrick advises and represents clients regarding claims made by financial institutions under fidelity bonds and commercial crime policies for alleged losses resulting from fraudulent acts, including claims for employee or director dishonesty. Additionally, his experience includes transactional services such as drafting and negotiating construction contracts, employment agreements, and counseling clients on risk allocation and insurance.
Prior to joining the firm, Patrick was an attorney with a Providence law firm where his practice covered a range of business, real estate and construction law matters.
- Successful defense of construction contractors in connection with bodily injury and property damage liability claims in courts in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a national insurer involving an alleged trip and fall incident resulting in bodily injury in which a commercial landlord sought coverage as an additional insured on the tenant-insured’s commercial general liability policy.
- Successful representation of a general contractor in a complex construction dispute involving claims of construction and design defects, delay and extra work claims, and acceleration and lost labor productivity with respect to the construction of a clinical manufacturing facility.
- Successful defense of a residential landlord against a wrongful death suit arising out of a fatal fire at a condominium complex.
- Obtained dismissal in favor of a general contractor in a construction defect case on grounds of the statute of repose.
- Successful representation of a homeowner against claims of social host liability where an allegedly intoxicated underage guest was involved in a car accident resulting in bodily injury to a third-party.