Prior to joining Hermes Netburn, Matt was at another Boston-area law firm where he concentrated his practice in civil litigation, insurance coverage, consumer protection and insurance defense matters. He handled a wide range of cases involving extra-contractual liability, bad-faith and equitable remedies, as well as prosecuted complex civil RICO actions on behalf of insurers.
Matt is a practical and approachable professional who prides himself on helping clients understand all of their options when faced with challenging issues or disputes. Away from the office, Matt enjoys traveling New England and beyond with his wife and their young son and daughter, and is always thankful for a summer day spent on the beaches of Cape Cod.
- Secured dismissal of product liability claims against manufacturer of automobile accessory distributor brought on behalf of pedestrian struck by automobile.
- After week-long trial, secured declaratory judgment of non-coverage in favor of insurer which was later upheld on appeal.
- Obtained summary judgment in product liability case in favor of manufacturer of automated commercial food production machinery.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of leasee of commercial property which determined that lease did not require the leasee to indemnify landlord for costs of statutory environmental compliance.
- Obtained summary judgment in in favor of real estate investment firm which secured money judgment in excess of $475,000.00 reaching passed insolvent limited liability company to its principal in his individual capacity.