Deirdre D. Foley Associate
- State Bar Admissions
- United States District Court
Deirdre Foley is an associate with Hermes, Netburn, O’Connor & Spearing P.C. who handles construction, product liability, professional liability, insurance law and insurance coverage matters. With extensive bench and jury trial experience, Deirdre advises clients on matters related to material defects, design flaws, contractor and subcontractor disputes, insurance coverage, recovery of funds and allegations of breach of contract and negligence. Deirdre is experienced handling all aspects of litigation, from onset to resolution. She is a highly organized lawyer who provides personalized attention and practical strategies to clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Deirdre was an associate with a regional law firm. In this role, she handled multifaceted product liability and toxic tort cases and also coordinated case strategies for the Massachusetts Liaison Counsel. Prior to joining private practice, Deirdre gained critical litigation experience as an Assistant District Attorney in the Essex County District Attorney’s office. In this role she litigated multiple jury trials and also prosecuted contested hearings.
- Defend construction contractor in connection with allegations of defective materials and breach of contract with subcontractors.
- Representation of insurance company and its subsidiaries in connection with funds recovery matter related to striking workers.
- Representation of individual in legal malpractice matter related to 93A and negligence involved in an accident.
- Defend motor vehicle manufacturer in connection with 93A and defective design allegations.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Defense Research Institute
Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
Women’s Bar Association
Lynn Youth Street Outreach Association, Board of Directors
The Brave House, Advisory Board
Holy Cross Club of Boston
Big Sister of Boston