Brian M. Gibbons Associate
- State Bar Admissions
- Rhode Island
- United States District Court
- Rhode Island
Brian Gibbons is an associate with Hermes, Netburn, O’Connor & Spearing P.C. who represents businesses and insurers in insurance coverage, product liability, toxic tort, and professional liability claims. Brian pursues legal solutions that maximize recovery and mitigate losses for clients. Responsive to client needs, Brian provides practical approaches to resolving matters efficiently. As a means to provide the best possible legal support to clients, Brian draws deeply upon his experience as a legal research clerk with the Connecticut Superior Court. He honed critical legal skills researching issues for judges and drafting recommended decisions on motions to dismiss, motions to strike, and motions for summary judgment.
Prior to joining the firm, Brian was associated with a regional law firm defending attorneys, architects, engineers, accountants, and other professionals in professional liability matters. In this role, Brian helped clients protect their reputations while resolving claims at a variety of stages, including pre-suit negotiations, dispositive motions, and mediation. Brian’s experience also includes litigating general liability claims for a boutique insurance defense law firm where he handled construction disputes as well as personal injury, wrongful death and property damage cases.
- Counsel insurance companies and insureds in the negotiation and settlement of coverage disputes.
- Handle extensive asbestos litigation in Connecticut and Massachusetts.
- Defend automobile manufacturers in product liability claims.
- Represent architects, engineers, construction managers, and contractors in complex construction defect matters and construction-related insurance coverage issues.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Defense Research Institute