Adam G. Gutbezahl Associate
- State Bar Admissions
- United States District Court
- Eastern District of Michigan
Prior to joining the firm, Adam handled healthcare regulatory compliance and fraud matters for insurance clients as an associate within a boutique litigation firm. Adam also worked as a trial attorney in the Children and Family Division of the Committee for Public Counsel Services. He began his legal career as counsel to various committees within the District of Columbia legislature, where he advised on pending government contracts and legislation on a range of topics.
• Represented insurance companies injured by healthcare providers committing fraudulent medical and billing practices in violation of the federal Racketeer Influence and Corrupt Organizations Act.
• Investigated and researched complex networks of businesses and individuals in order to expose fraudulent activity.
• Authored and filed detailed complaints, discovery requests, motions, and legal briefs.
• Engaged in settlement negotiations on behalf of clients, including settlements in excess of $500,000.
• Represented a caseload of parents and children facing the possibility of the termination of parental rights, as well as children and young adults determined to be children requiring assistance.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Boston Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
Wayland Trust Fund Commission
- Commissioner, Elected April 2019
Wayland Cultural Council
- Member, Appointed September 2017
Wayland Finance Committee
- Member, Appointed July 2019