Colin N. Holmes Associate
- State Bar Admissions
- New York
- United States District Court
- New York
Colin Holmes is an associate at Hermes, Netburn, O’Connor & Spearing P.C. who concentrates his practice in the areas of asbestos, class actions, insurance, litigation, product liability, securities and toxic tort law. Colin’s experience includes defending businesses across many industries including automotive, banking, construction, healthcare and insurance.
Prior to joining Hermes Netburn, O'Connor & Spearing, P.C., Colin was associated with a Boston litigation boutique firm where he handled a broad array of civil litigation matters, primarily related to asbestos, toxic torts, environmental and insurance defense. Colin served as national counsel for clients, handling all aspects of their complex litigation cases. Colin also has experience handling securities class action litigation before federal courts on behalf of institutional investors.
Before relocating to Boston, Colin practiced at a New York City law firm where he handled hedge fund defense cases, commercial securities defense, SEC investigations and class action defense.
- Defends companies in connection with asbestos and other toxic tort cases. Handles all aspects of these matters including taking depositions, managing expert and damages witnesses, running investigations and successfully negotiating settlements and resolving matters.
- Defends companies and insurance carriers in product liability cases in state and federal court.
- Manages complex commercial litigation matters for clients, including drafting pleadings, depositions and trial preparation.
- Negotiates settlement of multiple insurance defense claims on behalf of national insurance companies.
- Handled multiple class action securities matters on behalf of institutional investors.